The Lime Orchard Franchise
A unique opportunity to own and operate a garden design and landscape gardening business capitalising on the strength of our trademarked brand. Our Franchise Owners enjoy a satisfying lifestyle - that combines creating beautiful gardens that delight their customers, with building a successful business.
What is Franchising?
According to the British Franchise Association (BFA), the term 'franchising' , also called 'business format franchising', means;
"the granting of a license by one person (the franchisor) to another (the franchisee), which entitles the franchisee to trade under the trade mark/trade name of the franchisor and to make use of an entire package, comprising all the elements necessary to establish a previously untrained person in the business and to run it with continual assistance on a predetermined basis."
There are clear advantages to this:
- Someone else has come up with the business idea for you, and tested it!
- The franchisor provides a comprehensive training programme, not only in the specifics of the business but also in sales and business skills.
- The combined marketing power of the franchise network, enhanced by national initiatives from the franchisor
- Additional group benefits in relation to securing funding and bulk discounts with key suppliers
- Customer perception that they are accessing the best possible service - not only are they dealing with you as 'the boss', they are also reassured by the reputation and credibility of a much larger organisation.
Franchising offers the customer the security of a respected, familiar national brand, whilst at the same time offering the knowledge of the local area that only a smaller business can bring. The franchise owner also benefits from the experience of the franchisor, making it easier for them to establish in the market much more rapidly than could be achieved as an individual startup.
As a Lime Orchard Franchise Owner, within your own defined territory you will be able to access not only the years of knowledge and expertise of the franchisor, but also the growing experience of other Franchise Owners in the network.
The development and success of your business is entirely under your control, as are the returns. As a Franchise Owner you will manage the business using the proven business formula developed by Lime Orchard and have direct access to the company’s business, financial, technical and marketing resources.
We will be on hand to guide, advise and assist you in any or all of these areas. The help we give will be relevant to the skills and experience you bring to the partnership and the speed at which you develop your business.
Meet the Team
The Lime Orchard team has extensive experience and a proven track record in the industry and they will support you throughout the process of joining Lime Orchard. They will be the first people you talk to after your initial enquiry and answer any queries you may have along the way. When your franchise agreement has been signed and you are ready to launch, the team will be with you all the way!
Mike Goddard - Chairman
Mike masterminded the franchising of national lettings business Belvoir!, which now boasts 150 offices nationwide, and is currently Chairman of the British Franchise Association - Mike will be guiding the development of Lime Orchard as a franchise opportunity.
|Judy Behl - Managing Director
BSc Honours in Agricultural Food Marketing
12 years experience running a horticultural/ Agricultural advice service and insurance agency. Experience in the Landscape Industry including formal training courses since 1994. Founder and Managing Director of Scenic Blue, the first landscape gardening franchise, until successful sale of business to major plc in 2006. Judy has been a British Franchise Association regional chair and board member.
|Ian Dexter – Design Director
Qualified Garden Designer with over 8 year’s experience. Has worked for a number of top landscaping business as well as being freelance for two years. Ian has designed over 200 domestic gardens, including designing medal winning gardens at the RHS Chelsea Flower Show.
Jacob – Consultant
What's Included in the Franchise
Initial Startup package
This includes everything you
need to get started :
- Five year renewable licence to trade under the Lime Orchard brand in your defined territory
- Immediate association with a growing, national brand - bringing additional resources to your business from day 1
- Access to our proven business formula - reducing the risks often associated with starting your own business
- 12-week training course, taking place both at our head office and in your territory covering all the aspects of running your business, ensuring you have the best possible start
- Easy to use Manuals for the main aspects of running your business - a regular reference point, re-enforcing the knowledge acquired as you become established
- Marketing, PR and IT Support - Support with these key areas of your business to help you to be successful
- Brand Support - documentation, uniform and marketing materials
- Professional Assistance- with all the relevant legislation, such as Health & Safety, Construction Industry Scheme and Employment Law
On-Going training & Support
Lime Orchard has a strong
emphasis on business development, that’s why the team will be
helping you by monitoring your performance and planning for growth.
Your monthly Franchise Management Fee provides you with the on-going
training & support to really accelerate your business' success:
- Web site - we are continually developing and maintain the online presence for the Lime Orchard brand.
- Web advertising - As well as the web site, Lime Orchard runs successful social networking pages (with many hundreds of fans on our Facebook page and growing!) and the Lime Orchard Gift Store to ensure the brand is highly visible on-line. We can help you tap in to our online campaigns to increase your web presence locally.
- Email - Your @limeorchard.co.uk address is managed for you, plus use of Garden Living, our emailed magazine that's full of the latest garden lifestyle inspiration and offers from Lime Orchard, the ideal way to stay in touch with past and potential clients
- Promotional Material - Whether its artwork for your Yellow Pages advert, sign-writting for your Smart ForTwo or getting some stationery ordered, we are here to ensure its on-brand and in keeping with our high quality standards
- Public Relations - Access to a PR specialist to help you make the most of opportunities in your area
- Health & Safety and Employment - A specialist is on hand to provide industry-specific advice
- Contractors, Designers and Supplier Support - We have a skilled team of experienced garden designers operating around the country for you to access right away. Plus we have amassed a comprehensive knowledge of contractors and trade suppliers nationally enabling us to identify a suitable match with your client's requirements.
Could I be a Lime Orchard Franchise Owner?
Yes! Are you:
- An Excellent Communicator?
- Enthusiastic & Determined?
- Well Organised?
Whatever your background, the Lime Orchard franchise does not require any previous experience of garden design, horticulture or the construction industry. The Lime Orchard opportunity may best suit those that are comfortable with face to face selling and project management.
How do I Become a Franchise Owner?
Step 1. - Give us a call or send an email and we will contact you, at your convenience, for an informal chat over the phone
Step 2. - We will send you an information pack in the post
Step 3. - Complete & return the confidential initial application form provided
Step 4. - We will meet with you a number of times, to determine if the opportunity is right for you
Step 5. - We will assist you to carry out all the relevant research, business planning and funding applications.
Step 6. - You will submit a five year business plan to our board, if all goes well you will be granted a Lime Orchard franchise.
Step 7. - Commence your training
Step 8. - Your new business starts trading!
Transform your lifestyle with our
for a confidential discussion and to receive a prospectus